We're excited to offer this opportunity for our second year to three recipients! Our sponsors are AMAZING and have generously offered these prizes to support the learning and success of our winners.
And, as Linda Baylis, a 2009 winner said, while she wanted the gear she realized immediately that SOAR! was and is so much more than the gear. The SOAR! Scholarship Program is also filled with dedicated hard work, time, and out-of-the-box challenges to push your growth (beyond your comfort level).
A BIG THANK YOU! and so much appreciation to each one of our sponsors for their (continued) support of Me Ra Koh and the SOAR! Scholarship. We could not do this without you.
CLICK HERE to see the 12 month schedule of activities required of our recipients.
- CONFIDENCE Workshop Seat! Recipients must be available for the Scottsdale, Arizona workshop dates of February 11th, 12th and 13th (We will cover travel and lodging, whether it’s a hotel or cozy home we rent!) (value: $1000, plus travel)
- Quarterly Tele-Conference Calls with Me Ra Koh. Regroup with Me Ra every four months (January, April, August, December)as you recap what growth has happened and look forward to the next quarter’s growth! (January’s call will be at the end of the month that ALL SOAR! Applicants are invited too and our official kick off to the year!)
- Photography Exercises. January through December there will be a Photography Exercise posted on the blog that the SOAR! Recipients will be required to do and post their results monthly to the blog. See last year’s Photography Exercises for examples on the SOAR! blog!)
- Instructional DVDs, Refuse to Say Cheese and Beyond the Green Box! Me Ra Koh and her husband Brian created the Award Winning DVD series for you to understand your DSLR and the power of storytelling through the camera! (value: $70)
- 101 Kits: Essentials to Getting Your Photography Business Off the Ground! Receive all five of our popular 101 Kits; Portrait 101 Kit, Wedding 101 Kit, Getting Published 101 Kit, etc. (value: $500 plus)
- SELLING Session with Jeff Jochum! Jeff, CEO of Me Ra Koh Media, has generously offered his time to do a focused session on SELLING to the SOAR! Recipients, whether this is done via tele-conference or held in a city near you. Prepare to be taken to ANOTHER level in how to sell yourself as a photographer! (value: $300 plus)
- DSLR A55 Camera w/18-55mm lens, Gold Award Winner! (Model Features: 16.2MP, Translucent Mirror Technology™, Quick AF Full HD Movie, GPS tagging, Live View with Phase detection, 10 fps, 15-point auto focus, 3D Sweep Panorama, tilt/swivel LCD (major UPGRADE from last year ladies w/ HD Video for all your Video Blogs!)
- Sony 50mm DT-F/1.8 lens (one of Me Ra’s favorite for portrait and wedding photography!)
- Sony 75-300 f/4.5-5.6 Zoom Lens (Upgrade for this year!)
- Sony HVL-F42AM External Flash for DSLR Cameras (Upgrade for this year!)
- Kids in Focus DVD, Me Ra Koh walks you through an inspiring journey to understanding your DSLR and storytelling!
*A BIG thanks to Sony for their continued support of Me Ra Koh and the SOAR! Scholarship!
- SmugMug has generously paid for SOAR! Scholarship website that hosts all the entries’ videos.
- When the winners have been announced, the SOAR! Scholarship website will expand into hosting the winner’s weekly blog posts, videos, and photography exercise results.
- SmugMug is also going to put their top people in charge of building custom websites and blogs for all three winners.
- SmugMug will provide Pro Accounts to all three winners.
- Photoshop Lightroom 2
- Photoshop CS5
- Lightroom 3 Classroom in a Book
- Photoshop CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Kelby Media Training will send a subscription of Photoshop and Layers and also set them up for Kelby online training.
- Eight Group Tele-Conferences: Starting in early February, there will be eight monthly tele-conference calls led by Karen, Fay or Genie. We’ve also invited your Sponsors to join us so they know a little more about where you are at in the SOAR! journey. (Dates TBA) The other four months will be a tele-conference with Me Ra.
- MOMENTUM: Success in Business the Feminine Way (a Tele-Seminar and Business Coaching Group) The SOAR! Recipients will start their Business Coaching off with Momentum and must be able to attend via phone the following dates: February 24, March 3, March 10 and March 17 from 4-5:30pm PST.
- Individual Business Coaching with Karen Buckley, Fay Freed and Genie Ohashi! (value: $250/session for seven months following the inspiration of Momentum, April-October (with one month off for summer travels—TBA)
- Business Building Exercises (January through November) There will be a Business Coaching Exercise posted to the blog that the SOAR! Recipients will be required to do and post monthly to the blog. See last year’s Business Coaching Exercises for examples on the SOAR! blog.
- IGNITE Workbook Six Personal Practices to re-find your joy, confidence and wisdom.
- * Optional attendance to Igniting the Flame weekend. A time to break out of old limits, unleash your creativity and passion, and say “Yes” to your unique strengths. Dates: March 25, 26, 27. San Francisco Bay area. (offering the workshop, but housing, food and transportation is not included)
- TWO POWERFUL MENTORING TELECONFERENCE SESSIONS
- Tips and Tricks to Marketing Your Local Community
- Marketing for the Holiday Season
- Canvas Gallery Wraps (3/4", 1.5", 2.5")
- Fine Art Paper
- Metal and ChromaLuxe panel samples for their new business
- We will also provide education on the mediums, and how to effectively present and sell it to their customers. This is ongoing as well - if they have ideas on a canvas collection/wall, we ALWAYS love to brainstorm with our partner photographers.
- 1 hour of Color Consulting: Spend one hour in an one-on-one setting over video cast (if possible), getting a tutorial on “good” color. Learn the ins and outs of what is and isn’t proper color, and basic techniques on how to achieve this for your brand and style.
- 1 hour of Workflow Consulting: Spend one hour in a one-on-one setting over video cast (if possible), learning about workflow for the digital photographer. Through this time, the steps will be outlined for quick and efficient workflow techniques.
jill-e designs has graciously provided a Jill-E Bag for each recipient to house their new gear.
Photographer's Reel has generously offered to do ALL the video editing for the Big Recap SOAR! videos throughout the year. They have already donated their talents to the SOAR! home page video. Even though their prize is not a direct item to the recipients, Me Ra and Brian want to acknowledge the intense time commitment they are making to benefit all our viewers. Thank you Photographer's Reel!
FastLine Media are the ones behind the SOAR! site and blog. They are providing each of the winners with a fully customized SmugMug site and matching blog.
This gallery has no photos to display yet.
Let's hope it gets good ones soon!